POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity Experiment : Re: Radiosity Experiment Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Experiment
From: Dan P
Date: 22 Apr 2004 23:27:06
Message: <40888d0a$1@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> In article <4080d26d$1@news.povray.org>, "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom>
> wrote:
>
>>>Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. I am impressed by how Tron-like it looks.
>>
>>You mean you're amazed by how much this complex radiosity simulation looks
>>like a simplistic renderer from the 80's? ;)
>
> Well, as I recall, that "simplistic renderer" was a raytracer...but I
> agree, this looks much like my idea of a "modern" Tron.

As a neat side-note (well, I think it is neat), when they made Tron,
they actually hand-coded the models into the computer and actually drew
them by hand using coordinates they read off of print-outs. Imagine the
patience it must have taken!!!

Also, the flickering you see is an accident. They got the film stock all
mixed up in the store room. I got this stuff off the Tron DVD.
--
Respectfully,
Dan P